UNI-FLO (LINC Medical Systems Ltd.)
Each pack contains:
- 1 catheter
- Sterile water filled syringe for balloon inflation
- Empty syringe for balloon deflation
- A syringe of lidocaine & chlorhexidine for lubrication.
Length, Balloon, Ch Size, Order Number & Usual Quantity:
- Standard | 5ml | 12 | 08501205W | 1 catheter every 3 to 12 weeks
- Standard | 5ml | 14 | 08501405W | 1 catheter every 3 to 12 weeks
- Standard | 5-10ml | 16 | 08501610W | 1 catheter every 3 to 12 weeks
- Standard | 10ml | 18 | 08501810W | 1 catheter every 3 to 12 weeks
- Female | 5ml | 12 | 085012051W | 1 catheter every 3 to 12 weeks
- Female | 5ml | 14 | 085014051W | 1 catheter every 3 to 12 weeks
- Female | 5-10ml | 16 | 085016101W | 1 catheter every 3 to 12 weeks
- Two way round tip Foley catheter with 'Unibal' integral balloon water.
- Licensed by manufacturer for up to 12 weeks use.
- Following assessment the smallest size catheter possible should be used allowing for good drainage.
- Always ensure standard size catheter is used when catheterising male patients.
- During routine catheterisation catheter sizes 12ch, 14ch and 16ch can be used for adult male and female patients.
- For supra-pubic catheterisation, no less than a size 16ch catheter should be used to avoid insertion and removal trauma.
- The length of time the catheter remains patent varies from patient to patient.
- 30ml catheter balloon sizes should not be used.
- There is a slight risk of anaphylaxis from use of large doses of anaesthetic gel in patients with cardiac arrhythmias. Please refer to the Resuscitation Council UK Anaphylaxis Guidance.
- In the rare case of silicone allergy contact the continence service for an alternative catheter.